Monday 5 December 2011

To California!

Dad asked me 'Hey, do you want to come with me on a trip to California?' Of course! He had some business to do there and was taking his truck, so he thought it would be good to make a little vacation out of it. Mom didn't want to go so it was just Dad and me. I guess I slowed it down a bit for him coz I can't rush about too much.....

We drove all the way down Idaho then into Nevada and over to Los Angeles and on the way back we went to Nevada again and then back through Utah. It was soooo cool to see all those places I read about! We stayed at lots of hotels. Some were brilliant and some not so much, but they were all interesting. The worst one for me was the Hollywood Historic Hotel coz it doesn't have an elevator and the rooms are all up the stairs.... I don't do stairs really, but I had to and it was hard and I got so puffed doing it LOL. It was great to stay there really coz so many of the old film stars did. It was built in 1923 I think. There are pics of all the stars all along the passages where the rooms are! I think the best hotel was the Ashley Hotel in Cascade in Idaho. It was all new and beautiful! They were decorating it for Christmas and there was free milk and cookies at 8 p.m. each night.

We had some awesome food too! Dad doesn't always think of keeping me supplied with snacks in the truck like Jim does, but we did go to some fantastic food places. I think I may have lost a little coz there was a lot of walking to do.

I'll do a bit more later and post some piccies.

Hugz

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Nice trip! The best thing n trips are plenty of impressions and photos to share:)
    We are not traveling now, since i working a lot, but my american friends can travel to georgia to celebrate the ending of project in next year:) Hope they will fly successfully over the ocean:)
    Even in december and with realtively cold weather (e.. g. -5 at the night or up to +5..+10 in the day) still there are trees with leafs or even with fruits! It is very cool to see leafs and fruits on the trees in the december :)

    ReplyDelete